Saturday, May 18, 2024

SONG OF THE WEEK: 5-19-2024




SONG:  "You're No Good To Me Dead"

ARTIST:  I Am The Avalanche

ALBUM:  "Dive"

YEAR:  2020

PLACE OF ORIGIN:  Brooklyn, New York

YEARS ACTIVE:  2004 - present



WHAT I THINK THE SONG IS ABOUT:

Here is what lead singer of I Am The Avalanche, Vinnie Caruana had to say about "You're No Good To Me Dead". "There’s a lot of darkness in my brain and I need to make sure I practice what I preach. A positive exterior with a negative interior won’t lead to happiness. It will burn from the inside out."

I AM THE AVALANCHE DISCOGRAPHY (Full length albums only):

2005 - I Am The Avalanche (Drive-Thru Records)
* did not chart on the Billboard 200

2011 - Avalanche United (I Surrender Records)
* did not chart on the Billboard 200

2014 - Wolverines (I Surrender Records)
* peaked at #108 on the Billboard 200

2020 - Dive (I Surrender Records)
* did not chart on the Billboard 200

MY THOUGHTS ON I AM THE AVALANCHE:

I Am The Avalanche formed as a band back in 2004, hailing from Brooklyn, New York. Lead vocalist, Vinnie Caruana, famously fronted the legendary New York band, The Movielife previously. With the demise of The Movielife, Caruana moved on to I Am The Avalanche. The band's first release was a split with the band The Early November in 2005. I Am The Avalanche's debut full length came out in 2005 as well. While a solid debut album, the band's next album was a superior product. That would be 2011's "Avalanche United". The band's next album, 2014's "Wolverines", would be the band's only album to chart on the Billboard 200, peaking at #108. The band's most recent release was 2020's "Dive". I Am The Avalanche is a sick f'n band! While Vinnie Caruana's previous band The Movielife almost possesses a cult like status in the punk rock world, I actually think I Am The Avalanche is the better band. I love The Movielife, don't get me wrong. But the four albums I Am The Avalanche has put out are fantastic. There's always a bit of a stretch of years between I Am The Avalanche albums as Vinnie Caruana also puts out solo albums and The Movielife has gotten back together and put out a new album and has toured so there's a lot on Vinnie's plate. I'm always geeked when I Am The Avalanche put out new music though. They've put out some of my favorite music in the 2000's for sure.

SIMILAR ARTISTS:

The Movielife
Bayside
The Menzingers
The Lawrence Arms
No Trigger

TEN I AM THE AVALANCHE SONGS YOU SHOULD CHECK OUT:

1. Holy Fuck
2. 177
3. Brooklyn Dodgers
4. New Disaster
5. Conan O' Brien
6. Better Days
7. The Shape I'm In
8. You're No Good To Me Dead
9. Love Song 69
10. Green Eyes

No comments:

Post a Comment