Sunday, February 26, 2017

Song Of The Week: 2/26/17







Song: "Bent Strings"

Artist: Apologies, I Have None

Album: "Two Sticks & Six Strings"

Year: 2009

Place Of Origin: London, England

Years Active: 2004 - present



WHAT I THINK THE SONG IS ABOUT:

"Bent Strings" appears to be about a mother who has to deal with the death of her child. It goes against everything that the cycle of life is supposed to be. Parents are not supposed to have to bury their children. It also touches on the awkwardness of those who try to console this person, but can never quite understand what to say or how to say it because they can't possible understand what she is going through. Sometimes there is just nothing you can say. You just hope that time somehow heals the wounds, though that may be unlikely in this situation.

APOLOGIES, I HAVE NONE DISCOGRAPHY (Full length albums only):

2012 - London (Household Name Records)
2016 - Pharmacie (Animal Style Records)

CURRENT STATUS OF APOLOGIES, I HAVE NONE:

Apologies, I Have None formed as a band back in 2004. This English based band actually began as a 2 piece. In fact, their first two EP's were released as just a 2 piece band, those being 2007's "Done" and 2009's "Two Sticks & Six Strings". Soon after these releases, Apologies, I Have None filled out and became a four piece band, which enhanced their sound. They released their debut full length, full band album in 2012, called "London". After releasing some split 7" singles and an EP, the band's most recent full length would be 2016's "Pharmacie". Apologies, I Have None has drawn some comparisons to bands such as Against Me!, The Menzingers, Thrice, The Flatliners and Trash Boat. Though at their core, they have some punk elements and influences, I don't necessarily consider Apologies, I Have None a full on punk band. I'd almost say if you kinda made a punk band out of U2, you might get a sound that compares to Apologies, I Have None. Their themes are often melancholic and some of their songs can build to an emotional rage. I think this is one of the better bands that I have come across recently. As I said earlier, though they incorporate some similar sounds to other bands, I think their style is really all their own and it's quite refreshing.

TEN APOLOGIES, I HAVE NONE SONGS YOU SHOULD CHECK OUT:

1. Love & Medication
2. Clapton Pond
3. Coffee, Alcohol, Codeine, Repeat
4. Everybody Wants To Talk About Mental Health
5. 60 Miles
6. Raging Through The Thick And Heavy Darkness Of A Bloodlust
7. Green Green Mabley Green
8. A Pharmacie In Paris
9. Foundations
10. Wraith

No comments:

Post a Comment