Saturday, September 23, 2017

Song Of The Week: 9/24/17







Song: "Hooligan"

Artist: Kiss

Album: "Love Gun"

Year: 1977



IN MEMORIAM:

Scootchy!
(passed away on Saturday Sept. 23, 2017)



I never had to make a decision like I had to make tonight. To have the words "I have to put my pet to sleep" come out of my mouth really sucked. Pets are family. That's just how it is. And my cat Scootchy was my little buddy. Whenever I was trying to do something at my computer, here she comes, jumping on my desk wanting to be patted, getting right in the way of what you were trying to do. But once she stared at you with those eyes, your heart melted and all your attention focused on her. She was a nice piece of cat!! Almost nightly, when I went to brush my teeth, here she would come, jumping on the sink and annoying you, in a cute way! In fact, the picture I have of her on this blog post is her getting in the way of me brushing my teeth! She was a funny cat! I've had many animals but I never seemed to be as close to any as I was to Scootchy. I'm not a big show affection type person, but she had me wrapped around her little paw. As you can see, this post doesn't have a lot to do with my song of the week. I chose "Hooligan" by Kiss for a few reasons. One, it's sung by Peter Criss, The Cat!! And two, my little furry friend portrayed some hooligan type tendencies! Couches and desk chairs? She made quick work of those, so much so that all my furniture is covered in beach towels to hide the scratches!! Window screens? Good luck! Have any glassware up on counter tops? Nothing like being awakened at 3:30 in the morning to the sound of shattered glass and the little culprit goes buzzing by you at 100 miles per hour cuz she saw another cat outside!! So, I chose "Hooligan" with tongue firmly planted in cheek because, even though I held my little buddy as she took her last breath tonight, I will never forget the funny things Scootchy did. Some things were cute.. many things were devious!! She had a look about her when she was up to no good! So Scootchy, I'm going to miss you terribly. I will never forget you and how you made me laugh and smile. I'm sorry for having to make this decision tonight to let you go, but I couldn't see you struggling like you were. I couldn't see you struggle walking, not eating or not drinking. I hope you are somewhere in a better place and acting like your old playful self. I hope you forgive me for what I had to do. It is the last thing I ever wanted to do, but I am happy that I had to make this decision and no one else. When my time comes, I hope you are one of the first to greet me on the other side. I love you little buddy :(

Rest in peace:
Scootchy

No comments:

Post a Comment