Saturday, March 2, 2019

Song Of The Week: 3/3/19







Song: "Wasted"

Artist: I Am The Avalanche

Album: "I Am The Avalanche"

Year: 2005

Place Of Origin: Brooklyn, New York

Years Active: 2014 - present



WHAT I THINK THE SONG IS ABOUT:

"Wasted" appears to be a song about an intense relationship, especially sexually, that the vocalist seems to finally be letting go and moving on from. But is he? Memories are hard to forget for him and perhaps everything about the relationship, excluding the sex, was wrong. But as he moves away from the relationship, he's conflicted on whether he's doing the right thing or not.

I AM THE AVALANCHE DISCOGRAPHY (Full length albums only):

2005 - I Am The Avalanche (Drive-Thru Records)
2011 - Avalanche United (I Surrender Records)
2014 - Wolverines (I Surrender Records)

CURRENT STATUS OF I AM THE AVALANCHE:

I Am The Avalanche formed as a band back in 2004 out of the ashes of The Movielife. Vinnie Caruana, lead singer and songwriter for The Movielife, put together I Am The Avalanche when The Movielife broke up in 2003. The band went on a tour of Europe before playing any shows in the United States. When they returned home, they signed with Drive-Thru Records and released their debut full length album "I Am The Avalanche". This album was released two years to the day that The Movielife broke up. It would take the band six years before their sophomore effort was released, 2011's "Avalanche United". This album reached #9 on Billboard's Heatseekers chart. The wait was much shorter for the band's third and most recent release, 2014's "Wolverines". This album would peak at #108 on the Billboard 200 charts. Both "Avalanche United" and "Wolverines" received many positive reviews from critics. I Am The Avalanche also released split EP's with The Early November, Bayside, Saves The Day and Transit. As for touring? I Am The Avalanche has shared the stage with many top punk acts including Bayside, The Sleeping, No Use For A Name, Halifax, The Fully Down, Senses Fail, Bouncing Souls, The Loved Ones, Brand New and Four Year Strong. I Am The Avalanche seems like a natural progression for Vinnie Caruana as an artist and a vehicle for him to continue growing as a musician away from The Movielife. In 2014 however, The Movielife reformed, going on a major tour and even releasing a brand new album, 2017's "Cities In Search Of A Heart". There's been no word as to whether Caruana is going to disband I Am The Avalanche and continue on with The Movielife at this time. Hopefully, he releases music through both vehicles as I'm a fan of both and actually, I kinda like I Am The Avalanche better. Either way, as long as Vinnie's making music I'm a happy camper! If you enjoy bands like The Movielife (duh!), Bayside, The Menzingers, The Swellers or Polar Bear Club, then you would most definitely like the music of I Am The Avalanche. Great band bro ;)

TEN I AM THE AVALANCHE SONGS YOU SHOULD CHECK OUT:

1. Holy Fuck
2. New Disaster
3. The Shape I'm In
4. 177
5. Conan O'Brien
6. Brooklyn Dodgers
7. Green Eyes
8. I Took A Beating
9. Amsterdam
10. Two Runaways

No comments:

Post a Comment