Saturday, March 5, 2022

SONG OF THE WEEK: 3/6/22




SONG:  "Homesick And Stable"

ARTIST:  Fort Street

ALBUM:  "Homesick And Stable"

YEAR:  2013

PLACE OF ORIGIN:  Kingston, New York

YEARS ACTIVE:  2013 - 2015 ???



WHAT I THINK THE SONG IS ABOUT:

"Homesick And Stable" appears to be about a relationship between two people that go together like oil and water. It seems the two people have totally seperate visions of what their relationship actually is. Perhaps their only reason for being together is convienience. I don't have the lyrics to this song so i'm just trying to piece them together by listening so I could be totally wrong. Who knows?!!

FORT STREET DISCOGRAPHY (Full length albums only):

Fort Street has no full length releases.

MY THOUGHTS ON FORT STREET:

Fort Street formed as a band sometime around 2013. The band is from Kingston, NY. The band was signed to Broken English records who distributed the only release I know by them, 2013's "Homesick And Stable" EP. There's really not a whole lot to say about this band. They seemed to leave the scene as quick as they got in. The last that I found out about them is that they played a live show back in January of 2015 according to their Twitter and Facebook. Their bandcamp page only has their EP on it and there is not a whole lot of information out there about them. I assume they broke up in 2015. I found out about this band through the Dying Scene webpage which has been down for a few years but I'm psyched to hear that they may be back up this spring. I found out about a shitload of great bands through that site. As for Fort Street's sound? They're a melodic punk rock band. I dug their EP. I thought the band showed some promise and I was looking forward for more from them but like I said earlier, they've done nothing since early 2015.

SIMILAR ARTISTS:

Nightmares For A Week
Banquets
The Holy Mess
Blacklist Royals
Flirting With Disaster

TEN FORT STREET SONGS YOU SHOULD CHECK OUT:

Sorry, they only have 5 songs that I know of!!

1. Pardon Me
2. Gasoline
3. Homesick And Stable
4. Heaven Sent
5. Forty Days


No comments:

Post a Comment