Saturday, April 9, 2022

SONG OF THE WEEK: 4/10/22




SONG:  "Lost In Taiwan"

ARTIST:  Air Show Disaster

ALBUM:  "Air Show Disaster" EP

YEAR:  2013

PLACE OF ORIGIN:  San Francisco, California

YEARS ACTIVE:  2008 - 2015 ??



WHAT I THINK THE SONG IS ABOUT:

"Lost In Taiwan" appears to be a song about a relationship that's toxic. The vocalist describes his partner's love as "poison". He needs to seperate because it's almost as if she is killing him mentally.

AIR SHOW DISASTER DISCOGRAPHY (Full length albums only):

None.  Air Show Disaster only released two EP's in their short stint as a band.

MY THOUGHTS ON AIR SHOW DISASTER:

Air Show Disaster is a San Francisco band that formed around 2008 but I haven't confirmed that. The first piece of music they put out was the 2008 EP "Bridges". It would be five years before they released more music, which would be yet another EP titled "Air Show Disaster" in 2013. The last time there was anything coming out of the Air Show Disaster camp was around 2015 when their Twitter page was still active. There just isn't a whole lot of information out there about this band. I'm not even 100% positive I remember how I heard of them! If I had to guess, I would say I found out about Air Show Disaster on the old purevolume.com website. They used to feature a lot of independent and unsigned bands that you could search through genres. In the early 2000's I was really getting into post hardcore bands like Bleed The Dream and A Static Lullaby and stuff like that and I used to be a lot more intense with how I would scour the internet to find new bands and new music so I'm sure I fell into Air Show Disaster at that time. As I listen to them now, I'm not so sure I would have gotten into them like I did back then. I think their sound overall is ok but nothing that pops out to you. But it was fun to go back in time and try to remember where I was at music wise in the early 2000's and remembering how insane I was at finding new bands. Good old purevolume.com definitely brings back memories!!

SIMILAR ARTISTS:

Bleed The Dream
Blinded Black
The Hurt Process
Therefore I Am
Roses Are Red

TEN AIR SHOW DISASTER SONGS YOU SHOULD CHECK OUT:

1. Earthbound
2. Clock Dem Hours
3. Explosions In Slow Motion
4. Sick As Our Secrets
5. Party Song
6. Lost In Taiwan
7. Strip Malls And Cemeteries
8. Need For Revenge
9. Feel Good Song Of The Year
10. Two If By Sea


No comments:

Post a Comment