Saturday, July 16, 2022

SONG OF THE WEEK: 7/17/22




SONG:  "Searching For Shorelines"

ARTIST:  Permanent Bastards

ALBUM:  "Gun Club" EP

YEAR:  2007

PLACE OF ORIGIN:  Vaughan, Ontario, Canada

YEARS ACTIVE:  2007 - present ???



WHAT I THINK THE SONG IS ABOUT:

To be honest, I have no clue what "Searching For Shorelines" is about. After a few listens, I found it hard to get all the lyrics down and I can't find the lyrics anywhere on the net to take a stab at what I think the song is about. If anyone got the lyrics, post them on my YouTube page under the video!

PERMANENT BASTARDS DISCOGRAPHY (Full length albums only):

2009 - Emericans (self-released)
* did not chart on the Billboard 200

MY THOUGHTS ON PERMANENT BASTARDS:

Permanent Bastards got their start I believe around 2007. They come from a suburb of Toronto in Canada. Their first release was an EP called "Gun Club" in 2007. They self-released their debut full length album in 2009 titled "Emericans". Their most recent release was in 2011, an EP called "Young Girls". I haven't heard that these guys have broken up but they've been pretty inactive for almost 10 years now. They were posting regularly on their Facebook page in 2016 but pretty sporadically since. They posted three cryptic posts on their Facebook page in 2020 but nothing much came of it. I assume they're done which is a shame. I found out about these guys through dyingscene.com. Their "Emericans" album is a great listen. These guys have a bit of an Against Me! vibe to them. I really like this band so it sucks that they don't have a whole hell of a lot of material out there. "Those Forgotten Pioneers" is a great song. The whole "Emericans" album is great. I'd love to hear some new stuff from these guys but it seems that is less and less likely with each year that passes.

SIMILAR ARTISTS:

The Snips
The Sainte Catherines
Carpenter
The Arrivals
Black Lungs

TEN PERMANENT BASTARDS SONGS YOU SHOULD CHECK OUT:

1. Those Forgotten Pioneers
2. Caught In The Crossfire
3. Emericans
4. Bloody Mary
5. Constance
6. Searching For Shorelines
7. White Tree
8. Faux Real!
9. S.O.S.
10. Add Fuel To The Fire


No comments:

Post a Comment