Thursday, June 8, 2023

SONG OF THE WEEK: 6-11-2023




SONG:  "Damage Deposits"

ARTIST:  Leagues Apart

ALBUM:  "Buffalo Club" EP

YEAR:  2011

PLACE OF ORIGIN:  Manchester, United Kingdom

YEARS ACTIVE:  2009 - ????



WHAT I THINK THE SONG IS ABOUT:

i couldn't find the lyrics to "Damage Deposits" anywhere on the net so I'm not totally sure exactly what the song is about. I tried to give it a few close listens to pick out the lyrics but my cat was purring in my face so that didn't quite work out! If anyone got the lyrics, please send them.

LEAGUES APART DISCOGRAPHY (Full length albums only):

2010 - To Anywhere (TNS Records)
* did not chart on the Billboard 200

2014 - Brief Interviews With Hideous Men (Cats? Aye! Records)
* did not chart on the Billboard 200

MY THOUGHTS ON LEAGUES APART:

Leagues Apart is a punk band hailing from the United Kingdom. They formed as a band in 2009. The band's first release was the 2010 album "To Anywhere". They put out an EP and a split release after that before putting out their sophomore full length album, 2014's "Brief Interviews With Hideous Men". In 2016, Leagues Apart announced their break-up on Facebook. In 2018, they played a reunion show and in 2019, they announced a new line-up, hinting of some new material or shows or both. Nothing really has come of that since. I'm sure I found out about these guys from the dyingscene.com blog. They kinda have that, what I call gruff punk sound. Think bands like The Flatliners or Off With Their Heads where the vocalists have that scratchy style vocals over melodic punk rock music. These bands all seem like they were heavily influenced by Hot Water Music. I'm not really sure if Leagues Apart is still around or not. Like I said earlier, they haven't really posted anything on their Facebook page since 2019 so I have no idea as to their status as a band. Hopefully they are still kicking as they're a pretty good band.

SIMILAR ARTISTS:

Above Them
How Dare You
Timeshares
Banquets
House Boat

TEN LEAGUES APART SONGS YOU SHOULD CHECK OUT:

1. Kat Dennings:  You Are My Everest
2. I Knew You Guys Were Smart...
3. Rampant House Is Rampant
4. Davey And The Slick Cigarette
5. Kieran Looks Like Rob Brydon
6. Penelope Booze Cruise
7. In Spite Of It All
8. Hail To The King, Baby
9. All This Talk Of Sinking Ships Is Making Me Thirsty
10. I Thought You Meant Wales The Country


No comments:

Post a Comment