Saturday, August 12, 2023

SONG OF THE WEEK: 8-13-2023




SONG:  "I Am A Legend/I Am A Robot"

ARTIST:  Sink Alaska

ALBUM:  "Battle Lines From Better Times" EP

YEAR:  2016

PLACE OF ORIGIN:  Glasgow, United Kingdom

YEARS ACTIVE:  2013 - ????



WHAT I THINK THE SONG IS ABOUT:

"I Am A Legend/I Am A Robot" appears to be a song about acknowledging your mortality. As we get older, the realization of not being around forever becomes ever clearer.

SINK ALASKA DISCOGRAPHY (Full length albums only):

No full length releases.

Sink Alaska has released 3 EP's as of 2023.

MY THOUGHTS ON SINK ALASKA:

Sink Alaska is a United Kingdom band that formed around 2013. The band formed out of the ashes of two bands, The Day I Snapped and Beauty School Dropout. Early on, the band inked a deal with Make-That-A-Take Records. In 2013, the band released their debut EP titled "Sink Alaska". In 2014, they dropped another EP called "The Path Of Least Resistance" and most recently, yet another EP was released in 2016, "Battle Lines From Better Times". Sink Alaska has a melodic punk, skate punk vibe. You could tell they were influenced by the 90's skate punk scene. These guys have never released a full length studio album and really haven't been heard from since 2017/2018. In 2018, they updated their cover photo on their Facebook page and that was really the last news about the band. Seeing that that was 5 years ago, it may be safe to say that they have broken up but I don't know for sure. I'm positive I found out about these guys through dyingscene.com. They seemed to have some potential but there's not a whole lot of material out there from them.

SIMILAR ARTISTS:

Banquets
Counterpunch
The Friday Prophets
Western Settings
The Gamits

TEN SINK ALASKA SONGS YOU SHOULD CHECK OUT:

1. The Path Of Least Resistance
2. Dolphins Used To Live On Land
3. Hitless Wonder
4. I Am A Legend/I Am A Robot
5. The World Ain't How It Seems Gunny
6. Among The Wretched
7. Poacher Turned Gamekeeper
8. Footnotes
9. All That Got Hurt Was Feelings
10. Overkill Is Underrated


No comments:

Post a Comment