Sunday, August 21, 2022

SONG OF THE WEEK: 8/21/22




SONG:  "...Less"

ARTIST:  1000 Degrees

ALBUM:  "A Little Beat Faster"  EP

YEAR:  2009

PLACE OF ORIGIN:  Genoa, Italy

YEARS ACTIVE:  2009 - present ??



WHAT I THINK THE SONG IS ABOUT:

Man.. I've been picking some rare tracks for my song of the week lately. I can't find the lyrics to "...Less" anywhere on the net. These guys are from Italy, so even though they sing in English, it's sometimes hard to decipher the lyrics. I get a few here and there. Doesn't help that I'm almost deaf too!! If I come across the lyrics to this song, I'll be sure to update this post. As of now, I have no idea what "...Less" is about.

1000 DEGREES DISCOGRAPHY (Full length albums only):

2011 - Has Already Past (IndieBox Music)
* did not chart on the Billboard 200

2014 - Back To A New Way (IndieBox Music)
* did not chart on the Billboard 200

MY THOUGHTS ON 1000 DEGREES:

1000 Degrees formed as a band sometime around 2009, hailing from Italy. Their first release was an EP called "A Little Beat Faster" in 2009. They dropped their debut full length album in 2011, titled "Has Already Past". The band released a video for "Shelter", as you can obviously see above as it's my song of the week! In 2014, the band released their sophomore effort, "Back To A New Way". This release was the band's most recent. 1000 Degrees can be at times melodic, almost pop punk and at other times be very technical, along the lines of A Wilhelm Scream or Propagandhi. They manage to mesh those styles very well to form their sound. I first caught wind of this band from reading about them on dyingscene.com. I believe the first song I heard from them was "Jack Elmackson". They really haven't been that active since 2015. They have posted a few things on their Facebook page as recently as 2019, but it is mostly of old live footage and what not. I'm not sure if they have disbanded or not and being that they are from Italy, there isn't a boatload of information about them. If you dig that technical punk style, these guys are a nice hidden gem you should check out.

SIMILAR ARTISTS:

Laughing In The Face Of
DC Fallout
Never Hit Again
Asado
Curbside

TEN 1000 DEGREES SONGS YOU SHOULD CHECK OUT:

1. Shelter
2. Sayonara
3. Jack Elmackson
4. Orso Grigen
5. Downhill
6. Astronaut
7. Hoping For Better Times
8. Orango Train
9. Great Expectations
10. My Girlfriend Is So Hot


No comments:

Post a Comment