Sunday, August 7, 2022

SONG OF THE WEEK: 8/7/22




SONG:  "Those With No Fortune"

ARTIST:  Burning Fiction

ALBUM:  "The Story Will Continue..." EP

YEAR:  2012

PLACE OF ORIGIN:  Perth, Australia

YEARS ACTIVE:  2005 - present



WHAT I THINK THE SONG IS ABOUT:

I hate it when I can't find the lyrics to a song anywhere on the net!! In a rush to do this blog this week, I just didn't have the time to really dissect the video and try to figure out the lyrics. I'm a lazy ass.. I know!! Maybe, when I get more time, I'll come back and edit this week's song of the week. "Those With No Fortune" is a pretty killer track, I can tell you that!

BURNING FICTION DISCOGRAPHY (Full length albums only):

2009 - Don't Lose Touch (Pee Records)
* did not chart on the Billboard 200

2016 - Contrasts (Pee Records)
* did not chart on the Billboard 200

MY THOUGHTS ON BURNING FICTION:

Burning Fiction formed as a band back in 2005 in the land down under! The bands first release was a 6 song EP through Hence Records called "Material". From there the band inked a deal with Pee Records where they reside to this day. Their debut full length album came out in 2009, titled "Don't Lose Touch". Their most recent full length release would be 2016's "Contrasts". The band also has a few EP's under it's belt as well as a few splits with other bands. The last music they put out was 2021's "Burning Fiction" EP. These Australians play a melodic punk style that draws heavy influence from the Southern California scene of the mid 90's and beyond. They also dabble in some technical aspects that give you a Propagandhi vibe at times. Being that they are from Australia, there isn't a whole hell of a lot of info on them out there here in the States. From their Facebook page, they do seem like they are super active, playing live and releasing songs here and there. I'm probably 99% positive I discovered this band through DyingScene.com. What a great blog site for all things punk. They've turned me on to many a punk band over the years, Burning Fiction included. Now with covid kinda on the back burner here, hopefully these guys can get some dates here in the States. I'd love to check them out live. Promising band. Albeit one that's been around over 15 years!!

SIMILAR ARTISTS:

Protagonist
From Plan To Progress
X-State Ride
Never Hit Again
Doesitmatter

TEN BURNING FICTION SONGS YOU SHOULD CHECK OUT:

1. Last To Leave
2. Mr. Frothington
3. Served So Well
4. Geneva Woods
5. Ode
6. Closer
7. Trainwreck
8. My Delirium (Ladyhawke cover)
9. Leg It
10. Drifting In & Out


No comments:

Post a Comment