Saturday, November 18, 2023

SONG OF THE WEEK: 11-19-2023




SONG:  "Twisted Duty"

ARTIST:  Crash-11

ALBUM:  "Crash-11" EP

YEAR:  2018

PLACE OF ORIGIN:  Wales, United Kingdom

YEARS ACTIVE:  2018 - present



WHAT I THINK THE SONG IS ABOUT:

I can't find the lyrics to "Twisted Duty" anywhere on the net so I'd hate to just speculate to what the song is about. I took a few close listens to the song before doing this but I couldn't get enough of the lyrics to take a crack at the meaning. Maybe if the lyrics come out on the net, i'll come back and edit this.

CRASH-11 DISCOGRAPHY (Full length albums only):

2022 - I'm Sorry, I Was Wrong (Flair Sounds)
* did not chart on the Billboard 200

MY THOUGHTS ON CRASH-11:

Crash-11 is actually a solo project for musician Nick Naylor from the United Kingdom. Naylor plays all the instruments, does the vocals and records and mixes all Crash-11 projects. The first release by Crash-11 I believe was the "Assimilate/Compassionless" split single in 2018. 2018 turned out to be a pretty busy year for Naylor as he also released three EP's during that year, "Crash-11", "Songs I Wish I Wrote" and "Surrounded By Misanthropy". Crash-11's debut full length album came out in 2022 titled "I'm Sorry, I Was Wrong". You can also check out the Crash-11 bandcamp page to hear some cool cover songs Naylor did like Lagwagon's "After You My Friend", AFI's "The Lost Souls" and A Wilhelm Scream's "Mute Print". Crash-11 is f'n solid! It's pretty awesome that this band is just one dude that's creating some really cool music. I'm pretty positive I first heard of Crash-11 through the punk blog Dying Scene. I've actually just recently checked out the cover songs by Crash-11. Naylor's take on A Wilhelm Scream is awesome! Naylor's a very talented dude and it's great to see that creativity come together in some pretty f'n cool punk rock songs!

SIMILAR ARTISTS:

Colorsfade
DC Fallout
Laughing In The Face Of
Bash Brothers
Dead Neck

TEN CRASH-11 SONGS YOU SHOULD CHECK OUT:

1. Save Myself
2. Lessons Ignored
3. What Will It Take?
4. Compassionless
5. Done With You
6. Without You
7. Mute Print (A Wilhelm Scream cover)
8. No One
9. Victim
10. The Last Time


No comments:

Post a Comment